Meet and Greet.

Before I get to our children.... Devonne wants to thoroughly rub it in our face that she is living in the PNW......

Photobucket
They are out camping and having a fabulous time with Steven while he is home for a little bit. I am SO jealous it is ridiculous! Would you be angry if I moved there now? That is Taylor at the end of that log!

Photobucket
Hi Cole!!

Last night after dinner I wanted something sweet. I grabbed a green apple that Autumn picked out at the grocery store, sliced it up and it seemed extra sour. I decided to take a chance on that caramel sauce you made:

Photobucket
And thank heavens not only did it still taste good, it didn't kill me!

I had such an awful dream about you last night. You and 3 others were getting on a helicopter and poof. Just like that, the helicopter was obliterated. I couldn't tell you if it was some sort of accident, if it was fired upon, or what, but it was immediate and you were gone. I woke up sobbing. I had such a hard time getting back to sleep. I hate trying to shake those kinds of bad feelings. I know it is ridiculous to think that would happen, but I guess my subconscience is playing tricks on me. I bust out laughing about your message you sent me.... I am currently alive! It definitely made my morning and for that sir, I thank you!

Autumn had a rough morning. She wanted to take a shower. I told her she could after I took mine. When I went to get it started, she changed her mind and pitched a fit for a bath. I explained to her that she could have a bath tonight, but there would not be enough time for a bath before school. She cried and fussed and carried on and then finally told me she was just missing you. We got ready for school and proceeded on with our day.

I informed Millie this morning that she would also be going to school and she replied, "No thank you." I have to tell you.... it sounded more like a warning to me.

Photobucket
Pretty girl.

Photobucket
The elegant lady.

Photobucket
Poor Millie. She wasn't very excited about the prospect of school at all!

Photobucket
Can you tell?

Photobucket
She also did not want to wear her glasses today either.

On our way out the door, we had to take the garbage to the curb and Autumn took a moment to:
Photobucket
Smell the flowers.

Photobucket
Our little girls all ready to head to school!

Photobucket
We went down to Autumn's classroom first. Aiden was in Autumn's class last year and he is sitting right next to Autumn (Aiden is the little boy that really likes Millie!).

Photobucket
Autumn and Miss Keri. The assistant in the room is Miss Daisy. She is an older lady and from what I'm told, really loves the kids. She seemed nice enough to me. I look forward to getting to know her. I was happy to see that there were a lot of kids in Autumn's class from last year. Also in Autumn's room were two computers. The Pre-K class will have computer time. I asked Miss Keri if there was homework in Pre-K and she told me no. I was happy to hear that.

Photobucket
Autumn's little cubby!!! Isn't that cute?!?!

I talked with Miss Keri when all the other parents left. She actually stopped me and said that she had been thinking about us all summer because she knew you were leaving. I told her the truth, it has been rough for Autumn, but we are doing OK. I cried a little bit. It is hard not to choke up a little bit when I think about how hard this has been on Autumn. I think the most bothersome thing is, she is also having bad dreams about you and I know it is just our worry about you manifesting itself in our sleep. I try to make sure she doesn't hear about it when I have a bad dream, I don't want to put any negative thoughts in her mind. Miss Keri said that she would make sure she was sensitive to Autumn's needs and that if she needs a few moments to herself (how does Miss Keri know that about Autumn!), she would make sure she got it. I could kiss Miss Keri!

After spending time in Autumn's classroom, we headed down to Millie's.

Photobucket
The run down on Millie's room. There are 4 children total in the 2 year old class. Two teachers, Miss Sandi (who is new to the school) and Miss Tricia. I was so relieved to see Miss Tricia there! Autumn's teacher from last year. A face Millie is already familiar with. Miss Sandi seemed quite nice too. She typed up a letter that went home with us and I will send that to you in an email. As far as the other kids in Millie's class, 2 are girls and then 1 little boy. Millie is the only one in her class that is potty trained. The teachers asked me some questions on that and I'm interested to see how Millie does.

Miss Sandi tried to get Millie to do some painting, but Millie refused.

Photobucket
Miss Sandi was able to work with Autumn in hopes that Millie would want to do what big sister was doing, but Millie is no fool! She said, "No. No." and "No!"

I did inform Miss Tricia and Miss Sandi about Millie's eye problems and that we are expected back to the eye doctor in August. I will be sending Millie to school with her glasses too.

Photobucket
Millie's little cubby hole!

Photobucket
"Yes Mr. President. We have a problem.... My mom is going to make me go to this school and I am working on a scheme to get out of it." Millie did seem to warm up to the others in the classroom. I think everything is going to be great (ie... I'm looking forward to some time to myself and she is going to school, so help me!).

Photobucket
After we were all done in the classrooms, I called your mom up and told her I needed some help.

When Millie was sitting in my lap, I noticed something was up with her earring. It had some funkiness behind it and I couldn't get it out. Everytime I try to get near it, Millie starts fighting me. We headed over to your mom's where she held Millie and I pulled the earring out. That thing bled and there was some funkiness on the earring. I am going to leave the earring out for a day or two and be sure to keep washing it every few hours. It is already starting to look a little better, but I think it must still be tender.

What is left for today? Well, I need to do some working out. I need to do some housework. There just wasn't any time for any of that this morning. After that, I will be cooking dinner. We are having steak, potatoes and green beans. I haven't figured out how I am cooking the steak yet because I haven't picked up any propane yet! Maybe just a pan sear, we shall see.

I love you and miss you so much. I am glad you are "currently" alive!

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

Photobucket
The count: 42 days of wishing for daddy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.