Running away.

Another busy day.

Photobucket
Millie fell asleep at 5 pm Wednesday and did not wake up until 0630 am this morning. That girl was tired! Both woke up in a wonderful mood this morning though.

Photobucket
Ready for school, minus Millie's glasses.

Photobucket
Today's show and tell was for the letter K, hence the Hello Kitty dress.

Photobucket
Autumn brought her kite, Kool-aid and some Hello Kitty accessories. I think Millie was grouchy about matching shoes, although she picked those out today.

Photobucket
I noticed something about the grass yesterday. Do you see what I see?

Photobucket
Doesn't she look silly?

Photobucket
Finally, a happy face from Millie.

Photobucket
I pick the girls up from school and then pull over to look at all their school stuff. Funny this was in Millie's bag since you were just asking me how tall the girl was.

After looking through all the papers, we head over to Chickfila to pick up lunch to eat in the car on the way to the dentist.

Photobucket
Autumn mostly stayed right in front of this fish tank!

Photobucket
They both liked it.

Photobucket
We were at the dentist for FOREVER!!! So my confession. You already know this Sean, but I haven't been to the dentist in five years. It took quite some time to get my teeth cleaned up. The good news. I don't have any cavities, no signs of gum disease. There are a few spots they want to keep an eye on, but other than that, I'm good to go until March.

Photobucket
Sure girls, make yourselves comfortable.

Photobucket
Do you see what Millie is doing?

Photobucket
Finally, it is Autumn's turn. The technician counted, cleaned, brushed and flossed her teeth. It didn't take very long at all. Autumn only cried once and that was when the technician (named Aaron by the way) squirted water in her mouth before explaining what the tools were. I explained it to Autumn and she was good to go after that. The technician said Autumn's lip tie wasn't low enough to worry about it being clipped and that her teeth looked very good.

Photobucket
After the technician was done with Autumn, the dentist came in. She was wearing some special glasses and told me to come over and take a look at something. On one of Autumn's molars there was a tiny speck, maybe the size of the head of a needle. It is a cavity, or the beginning of one. She said we would need to come back in a few weeks and get it filled.

She said that in children, their nerves are so large and their teeth are so small that if you let something go, even if it is small, it can become a huge problem. She told me they would use gas on Autumn to fill it and that our insurance would not cover it. She said it would cost about $60. No problem. She told me she often sees cavities in children Autumn's age due to the consumption of soda. I told her that Autumn does not drink soda (Autumn doesn't even know the word soda). I don't think she believed me.

I have been thinking about it and the girls eat those dum dum lollipops. I ate one the other day and it was horribly stuck in my teeth. I'm voting NO MORE LOLLIPOPS in this house from now on. Hope you can be on board with that too.

Photobucket
While I was getting my teeth cleaned, Millie bit Autumn, hit me, threw her shoes across the room and then decided to treat that bar she is holding on to like it was a monkey bar. She started swinging from it. Holy moly bad girl!

After the dentist, we went to hang out with your mom. We stayed over there for about an hour and a half. Then I went to Operation Homefront. It is run by the church and it is a support group for spouses of deployed military members. I got to meet several others who are in a similar boat to me. Autumn and Millie had a great time and so did I. I'm just tired now. We got home around 8 pm.

Autumn had another accident in her pants and every time that happens, she gets really angry at herself I think, but she takes it out on me. Tonight, she left home and told me she was running away. She grabbed her blanket and walked out the front door.

Photobucket
As any self respecting mom would do, I went to the door and told Autumn that it was too bad she didn't grab her shoes because it is raining now. I told her good luck on her journey and that I was locking the door and going to bed.

I shut the door and then peeped out the peep hole and sure enough, she started walking. I went over to the window and she was still moving. MAN! Now I have to go outside. I round the front of the house and she is in the street. I follow after her, she doesn't even look back. Why, oh why do we have such a head strong, stubborn girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She turns into the neighbors driveway. I guess she is going to live with them now. I convince her to come back home.

She told me she was sorry. She told me she was angry about the accident. She told me that she misses you.

I hope you are feeling better now. I'm sorry you were ill.

I love you and miss you very much.

Photobucket
The count: 69 days of running away without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.