Typical Sunday.

We went to church. Millie cried about being left in the nursery, but when I checked on her between SS and service, she was doing fine. I took Autumn to the four year old class this time. Actually, I gave her the option, did she want to stay with Millie or go with the kids her age. She decided on the kids her age. That meant I had to pick her up and take her to service with me though. There is a children's church where they leave before the sermon starts, but Autumn said she wanted to stay with me. She did well. She knows Brother Tommy and asked me if that was him and why was he yelling at us. I tried to contain my amusement of her assessment because fact of the matter is, he wasn't yelling at all.

The sermon was about friendship today and I have to admit, it struck a chord with me. I have done a lot of complaining about not having any friends here (besides you and your mom) and I know that it is because of me. I am clearly the one with a problem and I guess until I can figure out what it is that doesn't make me a good friend, I just won't make one.

The other thing that really caught my eye was determining who is a true friend. A true friend is someone who multiplies your joys and divides your grief. If someone you think is a friend isn't doing those things, they aren't truly your friend. If someone you think is a friend is draining you, they are not your friend. The thing is, if you have identified someone like that in your life, what do you do about it?

After church, we went to Olive Garden. Autumn told me she wanted to go there and then to Cherry Berry.

Photobucket
The girls had salad, spaghetti and bread sticks.

Photobucket
Noodles.

Photobucket
Slurp.

Photobucket
Time for "cheese ice cream." According to Millie.

Photobucket
Millie looks like that because the sun is hurting her eyes. They are dilated, but she popped both the lenses out of her glasses and I cannot get them back in. I will take them by the optical shop in the morning.

Well, that is it for me cupcake. I love you. Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

Photobucket
The count: 65 days of not seeing straight without you (at least her right eye is straight).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.