Millie's first day.

Photobucket
It was Autumn's second day, but Millie's first. I wasn't sure how things were going to go and

Photobucket
As you can see, Millie doesn't look so happy.

Photobucket
Autumn really loves these flowers and I have to admit, they are really pretty. I don't remember there being so many flowers on it before. It has more than all the other trees combined.

Photobucket
She says, "Miss Keri is going to think I am so pretty."

Photobucket
So now Millie is happy and Autumn is not. Cannot win for losing around here!

Photobucket
For all the busy bodies out there, yes, Millie wore her glasses to school.

We dropped Autumn off at 8 am and ran into a ton of traffic. Today was the first day of school for Harris county. Miss Angie said that the traffic would be bad the rest of the week, but it should settle down after that. Millie and I headed out to the trail to do my run. I decided to only run 2 miles since I only had 50 minutes to get there, run, and get back. I did my run in 16 minutes.

By the time we got back to school, Millie had to use the restroom, so I took her in. Then I dropped Millie off to her room, kissed her hand and told her to have a great day at school. As I was leaving, I could hear her shrieking down the hall. I cried. I kept walking though. Miss Angie told me they would call me in a little bit. About a half hour later, I was working really hard on the things I needed to work on when the girls are not home

Photobucket
when my phone rang and it was Miss Angie. My heart skipped a beat I think, but Miss Angie said that Millie had cried off and on for the first half hour, but really settled into things and was beginning to play. That made me feel so much better.

I got dinner prepped, in peace and quiet, fixed my hair, read some, listened to the rain and thunder, then headed to walmart. I needed some milk and a few items for Autumn.

Photobucket
I got to school about 20 minutes early and just waited. When the girls finally made it to the car, Millie looked happy. Miss Angie said that she didn't cry after that first half hour! YAY! Success! Wonder how tomorrow will go.

We left school and headed over to your mom's house. Your mom read Autumn a book about a bear that changes from brown to gray with a blue nose. It has two stuffed bears that goes along with the story and when the bear went through his transformation, from brown to gray, your mom hid one and pulled out another, but Autumn was not buying that. She said, "where is the other bear?" So your mom showed her both of them! Autumn then verified who the bears belong to... That girl!

Photobucket
After PB&J's and cupcakes, we headed home.

Photobucket
We had to watch for a downed tree in the road. These storms have been nasty. I wonder when I will ever be able to mow the grass.


The girls singing a song. Of course I'm not holding my phone the right way!

For dinner tonight we are having Turkey breast with white wine gravy over egg noodles. I will have a glass of wine with dinner too!

I showed Autumn your Walden photo and this one totally blew her mind.

Photobucket
She said, "How did Walden get on that bomb? Is it a real bomb? Will Walden be OK? Is Walden going to deliver bombs too?"

So I answered all her questions and then showed her this picture.

Photobucket
Which she wasn't very impressed by. Got to love them!

I love you and miss you much.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

The count: 46 days without Sean the bomb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.