Brave.

It is Saturday. We had an awful night of sleep last night. A really wicked lightning and thunder storm came through. One clap of thunder was so loud I sat bolt upright in my bed and knew I had better make my way over to check on the girls. Good thing, Autumn was headed for me just as I was headed for her. We sat up on the couch waiting out the storm. I turned on the TV to see if there was anything serious going on and just got that stupid little map with so many counties on it, it was hard to tell what was up! Anyway, the power went out a half dozen times and Autumn asked me if the tree was going to come through the house. I told her no and thankfully, it was true. On our way out of this neighborhood this afternoon, there was a big tree down over on Highland.

Anyway, it was kind of looking gloomy out today so we decided on a movie. Before I get to that, I want to share this:

Photobucket
When I got up this morning and after I had a cup of coffee, I got started on dinner. I knew it would require baking and I don't want to bake in the evenings, it makes everything too hot. They are petite lasagna's and I will heat them up for dinner (although, I had some for lunch!). They were delicious!

Photobucket
Sure, it didn't turn out as pretty as the pictures, but it never does for me! I'll be eating these for a few days.

We left to go and see Brave. The movie was really good and the girls really liked it, but not smart to go on the weekend. The price is considerably more as they do not offer matinee pricing on Friday and Saturday.

Photobucket
Millie was initially wearing her purse around her neck..... I think she thought she was wearing it like me.

Photobucket
Autumn had such a good time laughing at the previews and watching the movie. You know that crazy laugh she does? She did it most the way through the movie. There were a few parts that were really very scary for the girls. There is a bear in the movie that is pretty mean and at times, it was too much for them.... hopefully it doesn't give them nightmares.

I need to take the time to tell you about a gary bider. Autumn found one on the ceiling in the living room. You know how tall that ceiling is. I couldn't even find it at first because it was so little. Autumn really insisted that I kill gary bider. I walk over, take my flip flop off and then stand under where the bider is. I throw my flip flop up at him, hard then stand by and wait. Well, when my flip flop missed gary bider and came back down, it slapped me right in the face and I had the nerve to be shocked about it. Just another reason you should be here with us! I need you to take care of Gary Bider.......

I hope we all sleep well tonight. We are expecting more thunderstorms this evening. I need a goodnight of sleep. I haven't had one in about a week. I hope you are doing better. You sounded rough. I love you and miss you.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

The count: 15 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.