HOME!

Saturday morning we woke up, had complimentary breakfast, changed into swim gear and headed back to the pool. I wasn't in a great big hurry to go home. I knew it would happen sometime today.

The girls and I were sick of the car. I almost wanted to stay another night right here!

Photobucket
It was a struggle to pull that fish out of the pool.

Photobucket
Millie enjoyed it too. She held on to me for dear life, but she was crying for swimming over and over again.

I googled Lexington, KY to our house and it said 8 hours. Around 1030, we got on the road. I bumped into some terrible traffic again (NOTE TO SELF: I 75 SUCKS!) just inside of Tennessee around mile marker 144. I guess there was construction and only one open lane. It took an hour to travel 5 miles.

Photobucket
The temperature was ridiculous. I was glad we were in the car!

Once I got near Atlanta, I flirted with the idea to stop and visit Mac and Jack. At the last minute, I decided the girls would commit mutiny if we stopped and it wasn't at home. At the same time, Mac sent me a text and said that he and his girlfriend were going out to dinner and not to stop! So it worked out.

We arrived home around 7 pm. When I walked in the door, it was 87 degrees in the house. I'm guessing the A/C didn't turn on the entire time we were gone. I pushed it down to 77, unloaded and unpacked the car.

Millie ran right to her room, hopped in her bed and started singing "Twinkle, Twinkle." Seriously, the sweetest and cutest thing you could ever hear.

We put our swimsuits on and headed outside to the pool. Man, that water was hot too! I grabbed the hose and started filling it up again. The water from the hose felt wonderful. We swam until 9 pm. Once we came inside, it was only 80 degrees but because we were wet, it felt quite comfortable.

Millie fought with me about going to bed. I guess because she slept with me all week, she expected to still be sleeping with me. I told her goodnight and listened to her cry for about a half an hour. She slept the whole night through. Autumn did great too.

I had a hard time sleeping. It was my first time in our bed since you left. It felt incredibly lonely. I snuggled your pillow. It was well after 11 pm before I fell asleep.

When people talk about things being hard, this is the hardest part to get through to people. How much you can miss someone. At least I know you'll come home to us, eventually.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

The Count: Day 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.