Just a thought....

Do you suppose Millie believes it is her mission in life to humiliate me whenever possible?

This evening I went to make us dinner thinking there was leftover taco meat in the fridge. WRONG! We had everything else, but I guess all the meat was eaten yesterday when our company was here. What I thought was meat, was just kidney beans. Well, I can go without meat, but Autumn specifically requested it. Knowing how *we* indulge her, I loaded the girls up and off we went to the super market.

At Publix, I only needed four items (milk, dryer sheets, canned tomatoes and ground beef). While on the spaghetti aisle, I hear a gushing of water and turn and see that it is indeed coming from MY cart. I was puzzled at first because the milk was in the bottom and it didn't look like it had suffered any major damage. Next thing I know Millie is saying UH OH. Really Millie? I see a stocker on the aisle and tell him I need help. Of course, this was right before I went through the debate in my mind...to leave it or to not leave it.

I decided it could be devastating if someone fell and slipped in it and I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. The stocker runs and grabs some spray cleaner and paper towels. I started cleaning it up, but the whole time he was looking at me and sucking his teeth and just overall, giving me disgusted looks. I was SO HUMILIATED!!!

Anyway, we made it home and had our dinner and are now listening to the most fantastic thunderstorm we've had in weeks. Nice downpour. The yard has had a lot to drink today.

I have a few photos from yesterday to share.

The kids were playing human ring toss. It was a big hit!!

Photobucket
It kept them busy and mostly out of trouble!!

Photobucket
Catching Autumn.

Photobucket
Autumn catching Abby.

When my mom left, I drove her through the neighborhood to get to 80. As we were making our way over there...

Photobucket
A rainbow. If that isn't a sign that someone should be going home, I don't know what is!!

Photobucket
Autumn asked me to pull her hair back. She's been wearing her hair in a pony all day. Millie asked for one too, but cried when I put it in. Autumn was actually really good at the matching card game. She beat me and I wasn't letting her win either. You know I'm ruthless that way. Can you see the bruise she has on her forehead? She bumped her head on the underside of the dining room table. It looks like it really hurts!

Photobucket
Silly girl. I just have to tell you that after we played this game, Autumn finally conceeded that you weren't mad at her. She did say that she misses you so much and that she hates your work (you know, putting bombs in mailboxes). She said she just wants you to come home and that she misses you forever. I have to say, when she had the melt down in Target, I completely lost my composure and was crying with her. It broke my heart to hear her say that she thinks you are mad at her and that is why you went away. I wish I knew how that idea ever popped into her little brain. I could tell she wasn't just saying it either, she really felt that way.

So even though I thought we were doing really well with you being away, I guess at the heart of the matter, we are all feeling really sad. It makes me feel like I am failing them. They are reflecting how I am feeling. It is the reason I feel so tired and have been having difficulty finding energy. I have been feeling burned out. I have to get it together for everybody's sake, but how do you tell your heart to stop feeling sad. Everything is a reminder of what I am missing, what you are missing, what they are missing. It hurts me deeply.

I digress. To finish out this post...

Photobucket
Millie likes to play cards too. We are trying to be happy girls!

I love you and miss you so much.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

Photobucket
The Count: 35 days of heartbreak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.