Idiota!

June 24th and June 25th.

We wake up in Tennessee bright and early. We had complimentary breakfast at our hotel. A young lady in there (maybe 11 years old) was chatting with Autumn. Not being mean in anyway, but I'm pretty sure they had the same mental capacity. She was definitely delayed in some way, regardless, Autumn enjoyed her company and they talked about soccer!

After breakfast we load up the car, on our way down to the lobby in the elevator, a man with a puppy hops on and busts out laughing at all our bags. I defended myself and said, "what do you expect? We are three chicks traveling!" I load up, check out and get on the road. We drive.

We arrived at Grandma Betty's about 330 in the afternoon. I unload the car! Grandma Betty fed us dinner and then we made our way over to the Jordan's with Grandma Betty in tow.

Grandma Jordan showed me all around the house and gave me the history on Mike and Lisa's place (which I'm pretty sure she has done before, but I find it positively fascinating, so I don't mind hearing it again). Did you know that house was part of the underground railroad?

Grandma Jordan showed me her memory garden dedicated to your grandpa. I believe his funeral was the last time I was in Attica, 8 years ago.

Photobucket
That is soldier boy and your grandma just adores him. She painted him. He has a medic cross on his pack.

Photobucket
A little stone saying. It says, "If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again." Your grandma misses your grandpa so very much. You can see it in every ounce of her being.

We had a nice long chat and then the kids enjoyed some time with Aunt Julie.

Photobucket
Singing songs.

Photobucket
Playing at the park across the street.

Photobucket
Hanging out on the stoop.

Now that it was rapidly approaching evening time, I tell everyone goodnight and that I must get the girls to bed. I walk out to the car and place my phone on the trunk. I buckle Millie in and as I was getting ready to go around and buckle Autumn, Julie says I got it! Well, because I didn't walk around the back of my car, I forgot my phone. I pulled out of the driveway and went to Newtown. Somewhere about halfway, I realize I don't have my phone. A thought crosses my mind that I might have left it on the trunk of my car and I dismiss it immediately. Proposterous! It must be in the seat next to Millie. Get home and cannot find it anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I call Julie and they all start looking for it and calling it over and over. No answer, just rings and goes to voicemail.

MAN alive am I an idiot. Now it is dark outside. I drive back to Grandma Edna's and start searching around her neighborhood. Nothing. I drive home, taking my time, looking at the side of the road. NOTHING. Julie and Brandon headed out to look too.

By morning, I'm so upset. No phone, no internet, no way to be in touch with you. I am just completely devastated. Julie's friend left the same time as me and called Julie and told her she thought she might have seen something fly off my car on highway 28. I head back out. I park the car at the siloh between the grandma's houses and get out on foot. I start calling my phone and now it goes straight to voicemail. Great it is dead.

A policeman comes up on me and informs me that they received calls that a girl on the side of the road in her pj's appears to be in distress. I told him what I was doing. He laughed, wished me luck and told me to be careful. It is a busy road.

I give up again. Head to Grandma Jordan's. Talk with her a few minutes and resign myself to the fact that my brand new phone is gone forever and it clearly wasn't meant to be my phone or I would have found it by now.

I decided to go back to Grandma Betty's and head in to Lafayette and hit up the Verizon store. On my way back, I FOUND IT on the side of the road. It was in two pieces about half a mile apart. I found the cover first. A small black rectangle on the side of the road. I searched that immediate area and find nothing else. I just keep thinking it has to be there somewhere! Walk a half mile and find the main part of my phone. My battery is no where to be found. I feel better having at least most of my phone together.

We go into Lafayette, see 3 different "verizon" contractors before being sent to "corporate." No one has my battery, the phone is new. After a few tears and some desperation, the manager at the corporate store gives me a brand new battery from a brand new phone and decides to have the replacement battery overnighted to themselves, so I wouldn't have to wait another day without a phone. Thank heavens. We put the battery in and voila! It works. I'm so shocked.

I guess when it comes right down to it Sean, I need a purse. I don't want a purse. I hate purses. My biggest problem with my phone is I have no where to shove it. SO, I'll be going out and looking for a Coach bag soon.

I love you and miss you so much!

Your Current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

The Count: Day 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.